Friday, August 7, 2009

Fashion Flashback

Clueless" Is Coming To Broadway

Okay, so technically it's not necessarily like, about fashion. But like, considering how absolutely full of completely, totttttttally amazing style moments Clueless the movie was, I can only imagine how major the Broadway musical will be...

0803clueless1_fa.jpg

Yes dolls, take three deep breaths and prepare to squeal...one of my all-time favorite movies, Clueless, is currently being developed into a Broadway musical, according to Variety.

0803clueless3_fa.jpg

Imagine the possibilities: Makeovers! Mall trips! Those argyle knee socks and mini backpacks that my 8th grade self couldn't get enough of! In honor of this earth-shattering news, I just have to share my favorite fashion-related lines from the movie (and yes, most of these are from memory dolls--I kid you not, I came home from school and watched this VHS tape about 150 days in a row when I was 13):

- "Do you know what time it is?" "A watch doesn't really go with this outfit, Daddy..."
- "This is an Alaia." "An A-what-ah?" "It's like, a totally important designer!"
- "So, what did you do in school today?" "Well, I broke in my purple clogs!"
- "What the hell is that?" "A dress!" "Says who?" "Calvin Klein."
- "Do you prefer 'fashion victim' or 'ensembly challenged'?"
- "I'd like to see you have a little direction." "I have direction!" "Yeah, towards the mall..."

What are your favorite Clueless lines? Were you as obsessed with the movie as I was? And will you see it when it comes to Broadway as a musical? I'm dying to know who will design the costumes! Are you? Discuss!

0803clueless2_fa.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment