Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tattoos

Tattoos

tattoos

The other day I was glancing through magazines and I see a picture of Daria Werbowy and I think to myself, “What in the world is on her foot?” I take a better look and I notice that it’s a tattoo. As a model, you’d think their skin should be flawless and clear with nothing on it, so it actually was a pretty big shock to me.

So I’m thinking, “Well Daria’s one of those big famous models, she can get away with it and still not have it harm her career.” Just to make sure that she’s one of the few models with a tattoo, I check it up online and man was I wrong! I was surprised at how many models had tattoos; Freja Beha, Isabeli Fontana, Gisele Bundchen, Carolyn Murphy – there’s just so many of them with them.

I find any girl with a permanent tattoo very brave to commit herself to having something on her skin forever. Just like I wouldn’t put bumper stickers on my car, I would never want to decorate my skin in ink. Even if I wanted to express my love towards someone, like Nick Cannon did by putting a huge Mariah tattoo on his back, I still wouldn’t have enough nerve to do it. Maybe that’s because I was raised to think that it’s bad, but I don’t think it is really. I just like my skin the way it is. I

However, today I was reading an article in a magazine and it was about removing tattoos. There’s actually experts that can remove them, but from the article, it seems like a difficult task. And extremely costly… it’s not something you can do in one session. I’m glad that I haven’t gotten a tattoo, but I think it really shows a lot about someone, and in many ways it’s neat. Just not for me I guess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment