Sunday, September 27, 2009

I envy girls with small feet.

I envy girls with small feet.


tryingonshoesLike all girls with an unbearable love for shoes, my heart melts every time I walk into a store filled with shoes waiting to be worn. Although I’m a pretty picky shopper, I enjoy every minute of walking through the aisles trying to find the perfect pair.

While I was shopping in Japan one day, I found myself on a floor with shelves of shoes on every end. Although I wasn’t intending on buying anything, I whispered to my brother who came along, “I’m going to see if there’s anything I like.” and went off in high spirits. I was determined to find me a pair that was just what I’ve been wanting all along.

30 minutes later, I went back to my brother and told him that we could go since I couldn’t find anything. He exclaimed, “You couldn’t find anything in a department store like this?!” Sighing I replied, “Well, I found one, but they didn’t have it in my size.” He chuckled and shook his head as he followed me out of the store.

Sizes always become a problem when it comes to shoe shopping. It’s either way too big or too small and occasionally, occasionally they fit perfectly. My feet aren’t difficult to accommodate because I have enormously huge feet, but because mine are just naturally wider around my toes. So it’s always heartbreaking when I see a pair of the cutest flats and find out that I can’t fit in them.

This is why I envy girls with small feet because it seems like they always have shoes in stock and sometimes they can even grab a few bargains since inventories are filled with small sizes. My friend also pointed out that smaller shoes just look better in general – “Big shoe sizes always end up looking hideos,” she claimed. “Seriously, who would want to wear this?! And then when you go to the smaller sizes everything’s so cute.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment